Tuesday, May 23, 2006

History is History

While walking on the treadmill this afternoon, attempting to jump-start a new years' promise, I couldn't help notice that we've completely destroyed the entire concept of History.

Forget that the schools are re-writing the history books we were forced to read, memorize and recall during nightly Jeopardy tournaments, it's the CABLE channels are killing history.

Thanks to E!, VH-1 and MTV we are being force-fed a non-stop, all-you-can-watch buffet of the "50 Most embarrassing, Most Romantic, Most Bizarre, Most Talked-About... somethings on tv. And don't get me started on those "I LOVE THE 80s, 90s, 2000s... shows that VH-1 is pumping out faster than OPEC bleeds oil. Is History nothing more than a highlight reel with comedic commentary? Please.

We need real History to be taught - lessons to be learned and not to be repeated. Mindless drivel needs to be expunged from the universe. OH, "American Idol" is on, gotta run. ( BTW, Katherine McPhee is my pick.)





This photo has nothing to do with my blog today - it's just a nice little snap from my recent adventure. Cheers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home