Tuesday, February 28, 2006

It's not the end of the world... but if you squint you can see it from here.

Today a "Slim-Fast" TV ad appeared on my screen with a Rolling Stones track playing while shots of plus-sized models dancing was intercut with shots of giagantic cans of Slim-Fast flashed on the screen. The song - Time Is On My Side -

"Time Is On My Side" has always held a warm place in my vinyl collection... it's on the "Hot Rocks" album I first bought in 1972 (it was a greatest hits thing... and a must-have for all real rock and roll afficianados) BUT a "SLIM FAST" commercial???

I forgave the Stones for selling "Start Me Up" to the Microsoft Accountants for 12 million dollars because it launched a piece of technology (flawed, but it was technology). Selling a drink that makes your digestive track kick into overdrive and purge the system so Oprah can lose 63lbs of fat is just not rock and roll.

Shame on you Sir Mick... and you too Keith.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home